After spending a few days in negative temperatures, I quickly remembered how tough Midwest winters can be! I decided to put together a list of all my favorite cold weather recipes that help keep the tummy warm through these arctic cold winter months!
1. Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Turkey Meatballs – The winter months tend to make us a little over-indulgent in comfort food, so try a lighter gluten-free version instead.
2. Hearty Jalapeño Chili – Spicy, hearty, and absolutely delicious! No cold-weather recipe list is complete without this chili!
3. Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup – Hearty and spicy, you’ll have no problem staying warm after enjoying a bowl of this soup!
4. Three Cheese Italian Roast Acorn Squash – Roasted squash is always a good go-to meal in the cold months, but try something a little different and top it with sautéed vegetables and three cheeses!
5. Baked Potato Slices with Chipotle Onion Dip – Served with a side of spicy dip, this is a snack you’ll quickly become hooked on!
6. Deep Dish Cornbread Crust Chili Pizza – Leftover chili? Make pizza with it!
7. Oven Roasted Turkey Meatball Sliders – A mini version of the meatball sub! At the very end you kick on the broiler to melt the cheese, so it doubles as a heater in the kitchen!
8. Shanghai Style Mac & Cheese – Is there anything better than baked mac & cheese? There is when it’s loaded up with veggies
9. Vegetable Tortellini Soup – This one will definitely warm your bones with its rich broth and hearty vegetables.
10. Spiced Pork Chops with Cranberry Apple Chutney – Sweet, savory, and a delicious winter meal!