Daily Life

Tattooed Martha - Daily Life 104 (5)

Usually after a convention you’re left feeling drained, incapable of thinking or speaking, and desperately longing for your own bed and kitty snuggles. We had heard the stories about the Hell City conventions and went in prepared for nonstop partying and surviving on just a few hours of sleep. This was definitely not the case this weekend..

Tattooed Martha - Daily Life 104 (7)

When we arrived we were told there were no more King rooms available so they had upgraded us (for FREE) to a suite! Since we haven’t taken our honeymoon yet we felt like we were on a “mini-moon” when we walked into the enormous room to see twenty-foot tall ceilings, a living room with a fireplace, full kitchen, bathtub big enough for two, walk-in closet, and a deck that spanned the entire length of the suite. I waited for the bellhop to leave before running and jumping on Josh while screaming like we had just won the lottery! Our room was also away from the main group of where everyone else was staying so it was nice and quiet.

Tattooed Martha - Daily Life 104 (8)

The convention itself didn’t feel like work at all. It was amazing to get to see so many world renowned tattoo artists and painters working firsthand. I’ll be sharing more details and photos in next week’s Tattoosday, but here’s a few peeks until then..

Tattooed Martha - Daily Life 104 (1) Tattooed Martha - Daily Life 104 (2) Tattooed Martha - Daily Life 104 (3) Tattooed Martha - Daily Life 104 (4)

The beautiful and talented, Tara, from Tara O. Photos!

Tattooed Martha - Daily Life 104 (6)

It was a much needed impromptu vacation that left us feeling refreshed, motivated, and energized (although you probably wouldn’t gather that from the photo below!). It was definitely bittersweet to say goodbye to friends, old and new, and head back home.

Tattooed Martha - Daily Life 104 (9) Tattooed Martha - Daily Life 104 (10) Tattooed Martha - Daily Life 104 (11)

I’m trying to stay on the energy-high from the weekend to power through the rest of this year. We have a friend coming to stay with us for a little while, house-hunting (just renting), more travel and conventions, and a busy work schedule. I’d say wish me luck, but I think the only things to get me through it will be an immense amount of hard work, breaking my habits of procrastination, and embracing change.

What big changes or plans are you working on for the last half of the year?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tagged: , , , , ,

Comments: 6

1. Marcia August 20, 2014 at 7:28 pm Reply

Looks like you had a good time!

2. Sam Frank August 21, 2014 at 5:41 am Reply

It’s always a great surprise to get an upgrade like that! We only had it happen once, and it was just a one-night stay for a wedding, so we didn’t get to enjoy it. Glad you had the length of the convention! And what fabulous views!! Great photos!

And I have to admit for that split second between my reading “house hunting” and “just renting” I was mentally dancing, haha! Even if it’s just renting, I’m excited to see where you guys end up next! Think you’ll look for something with a yard this time? ^_^

As for goals for the rest of the year, I’ve recently been posting on my blog twice a week (not counting Friday cat videos, lol), which is a big improvement for me and something I want to continue! I agree with you that, as much as luck might be nice, hard work and lack of procrastination is the key!

• Sasha August 23, 2014 at 1:12 pm Reply

Thank you Sam! And yes, we’ll definitely be looking for a place with a yard this time! We need the space and I want to get serious about my gardening next summer. I love seeing that you update more! The room renovations and of course adorable Tux are always awesome to see in my Bloglovin’ feed!

• Sam Frank August 23, 2014 at 2:01 pm Reply

Excellent! I look forward to house-hunting vicariously through you!

3. Tara O. August 22, 2014 at 9:16 pm Reply

It was so great to meet you in person and talk. Wish we could have spent more time together. Maybe you can help me gather enough bookings in Portland to make a trip out there and do some photo shoots!

xoxo

• Sasha August 23, 2014 at 12:26 pm Reply

Definitely! There’s plenty of beautiful gals up this way that would love to be in front of your camera! Keep me posted on travel dates!