Photo Credit: Corey Bruce Photography
Today is special for a few reasons.. one being that it’s my last day in Iowa to see friends and family before I fly back to the wonderfully weird, Portland, OR tomorrow morning and two.. It’s my one year blogging anniversary!!
I doubted myself a long time while doing this, but with the encouragement and support from friends, family, and all of my amazing readers I kept working hard and it’s one of the best decisions I’ve ever made! I cringe at some of my old posts and photos, but it’s good to look back and see the progression of Tattooed Martha and how far it’s come!
Whether you’ve followed me from the very start or you’re a new reader, I want to thank each and every one of you!
I’ll keep it short and sweet and end with a list of my Top 10 posts in the last year!
10. Broken Record Ombre Wall Art – One of my favorite wall-art projects so far!
9. Red Velvet Ex-Girlfriend Cupcakes – Over the last few years I’ve had to handle a lot of crazies, so I thought I would make fun of the situation with these delicious cupcakes! A lot of you must have been able to relate because this remained my number 1 post for several months!
7. DIY Fabric Panel Shorts with No Sewing – This look was wildly popular last year, but I saw no need to pay $40-$60 for a pair! You all seemed to agree and loved this tutorial for interchangeable fabric panels for shorts!
6. Pink Champagne Cupcakes with Champagne Frosting – I created these scrumptious cupcakes near New Year’s Eve (as an excuse to buy MORE champagne!) and I’ve had tons of emails and comments from others telling me they’ve made them for bridal showers, 21st birthday parties, and sometimes made for no occasion at all, other than to enjoy them..and some champagne! ; )
5. Heart Elbow Patches for Cardigans – An easy project for sewers and non-sewers to spruce up a plain cardigan!
4. Spicy Rum Pulled Pork Sliders – Slow cooked pork shoulder marinated in BBQ sauce and Sailor Jerry Rum – It’s no surprise to see this was a fan favorite!
1. Six Unique Things to do with Cardboard Letters – I’m very happy that this is my number one post because that one word is what fuels this blog: CREATE. It doesn’t matter if you burn the cookies, forget a step, spill paint, or accidentally drop the eggs on the floor (guilty of all of these!), the point is that you deliberately set out to create something and that takes courage. If there’s one thing I want everyone to take away from this blog, it’s to never give up creating each and every day!