I noticed throughout summer, a growing trend of shorts with a different fabric panel in the front or fabric on the back pocket. I really wanted to buy a few pairs but then remembered what a nightmare it is to find a pair of shorts that fit perfectly! Not to mention that I just couldn’t justify spending $40-$50 on a pair! My solution? Make your favorite pair of shorts with interchangeable panels so you know they not only fit, but you can change up the look any time you want! Keep reading for my no-sew tutorial on how to make your own!
Spaghetti alla Carbonara
I think that the first year I lived on my own after graduation, I must have had spaghetti for dinner about 90% of the time. The other 10% was ramen noodles! If only I would have known how to at least make spaghetti alla carbonara! I thought this recipe looked so difficult until I actually tried it and was pleasantly surprised to find it not only easy, but extremely delicious!
I was first inspired to do this project when I came across these large cork board covered letters from Urban Outfitters. I knew right away that I would be able to replicate something very similar on my own, but only doing cork board letters seemed too plain for the space that I wanted to put mine. I sketched out the word ‘CREATE’ and started brainstorming. Not only was I able to recycle a lot of the materials I already had to make these, but I have a unique piece of art to inspire me to create more and more each day. I put together a tutorial for each letter so you can choose to read through the entire post to see them all, or click the link to the letter you would like to see to take you to that point. Keep reading to get started : )
Without even realizing it, this past week had a heavy theme of travel! Friday we decided to spontaneously drive an hour and a half to the ocean at midnight for a picnic. Sunday I took some photographs around the house and one of my favorites was the standing globe we just found at the thrift store recently. Yesterday I finished a project using our Seattle vacation photos and late last night I finished the book, One Year Off.
It was a great read about a family of five that sold their home, cars, and other possessions to take off for a year and travel all over the world with their three young children. My favorite quote from the book was “Live every moment—no matter where you are and what you’re doing—as if it were truly important… you must strive to be in a good place—a place of purpose and integrity… Life is short under any circumstance and in some cases it can be plucked away at a moment’s notice.” – David Elliot Cohen
It really made me think about how much I would like to accomplish before this year is over but also not to forget all the little moments in between : )
Three Different Ways to Make Pumpkin Muffins
Autumn is right around the corner, which for me means pumpkin bread, pumpkin spice lattes, and pumpkin ale! I took my pumpkin bread recipe and added a hint of another fall favorite, s’mores!
I made a few different variations but no matter which one you try, they promise to be delicious!
I’ve tried out a few different tutorials for hair-bows and they’re either hopelessly confusing or involve a lot of intricate hand sewing. Through trial and error I’ve found my own method to make them.. with no sewing at all! I put together an easy, numbered, step-by-step tutorial with tons of photos so you can make your own!
Summer is coming to an end which means you’re probably getting around to printing off your vacation photos. Rather than sticking them in plain old frames, turn them into a piece of art for your walls using some of the mementos you found on vacation!
I decided to make mine a gift for my parents and used a photo of them at Cannon Beach while they were visiting in June!
Wonton Taco Bites
If you have a Pinterest account then you’ve no doubt seen these little guys pinned a couple hundred times already. I even pinned them! When I went to make them myself and referenced the recipe I pinned, there wasn’t one! It just said, “add ingredients and bake at 350.” Not very specific or helpful to people that may not even know how to make tacos in general! Since I was making them anyway I decided to make a post out of it for you guys! These are really easy to make, great for a party appetizer, and even as a main course!
Homemade taco seasoning tastes so much better than store bought and if you already have all of the spices and herbs in your cupboard, then it’s that much cheaper and convenient to make!